English lighthouse in Moudari
This lighthouse was built in 1901. The height of its stone tower is 25 meters and its focal height is 110 meters. It was built by the English to facilitate navigation in the strait that is created in the sea area between Kythira and Elafonisos. The lighthouse is located at Cape Spathi which is the northernmost point of Kythira, near the area of Karavas and next to the beach of Agios Nikolaos.
The access to the lighthouse in Moudari, which is an important tourist attraction for Kythira, is made from the village of Karavas by a cement road and then by a passable dirt road.