English school of Kato Chora of Mylopotamos
The school of Kato Chora is located in a prominent position next to the Castle of Mylopotamos and is a representative example of the architecture applied on the island by the British.
The specific building-school outside Kastelli of Mylopotamos of Kythira has a commemorative plaque above the entrance which states that the people of Mylopotamos, aware of the benefits of education, inspired by their patriotic feelings, built the School with every effort and with all their might and dedicated it to the coming generations.
This particular peer learning school with the magnificent Gothic windows and the 1 meter thick walls, operated from 1825 until 1902, when the new Primary School of Mylopotamos was built. During 1825-1826 it numbered 80 students, who came from the region of Mylopotamos.
Access: Asphalt road