Agia Moni

As an inscription informs us on the west lintel of the the Monastery’s Katholikon: “The renovation of the holy Temple of Agia Moni began in 1840 under the assiduity and direction of the Holy Bishop Prokopios Kallonas”.

The renovation of the Monastery is connected with the vow of Theodoros Kolokotronis, who was at the Monastery before the start of the Revolution. Inside the Temple, an inscription informs us about the care of the Monastery in the form we see today, in 1868. Remains of earlier buildings (probably of the 17th century) are found in the area of the Monastery.

An icon of the Virgin Mary in a silver garment, in a marble iconostasis is kept in the Monastery. On the garment is engraved the nickname of the Virgin “The Only Hope of All”. The iconostasis of the church is wood-carved with the inscription: “Hand of Ioannis Argyris 1841 July”.

Access: Asphalt road

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Follow us