Agia Pelagia in Feloti
One of the cave temples of Kythira. It is located on the west coast of Kythira, below the mountain of Agia Elesa. The road to the area starts just before the entrance to Chora, while the access to the temple is relatively easy. It is one of the three temples dedicated to this saint in Kythira, whose temples have always been close to the sea. The temple occupies half the area of the cave, from the roof of which water drips that is collected in clay basins.
The church is witnessed in 1669 in a relevant inventory, and celebrates in May and October. Near the church are the locations of Kakoplaka, Louloudi and Katergo with the natural waterholes where the salt workers collect the famous salt of Kythira during the harvest period.
In the feast of the saint, a large number of inhabitants used to gather from the previous night, mainly from the village of Drymonas, but also the surrounding settlements, and there was an all-night festival. Later, the inhabitants of Chora continued the tradition of the temple festival.
The cave can be visited, is not used for tourism and has only natural light.
Access: From the village of Chora (Kythira), by asphalt road and then by dirt road. (Recommended use of high car, (SUV), or 4X4)